6 November 2013

Review: Nivea Lip Butters.


Nivea Lip Butters.




They're here! They're finally here!! This goes to show that patience and prayer does eventually pay off. I had been seeing these lip butters on the internet for almost a year now. And they looked so adorable that I knew I had to make them appear in this lovely Third World country of mine. Of course, it wasn't in my reach. Even after that, I had an inkling, a spark of hope alive; maybe they'd launch these here - and they did! I found them completely at random on Med Plus Beauty. I was very impressed with their relatively speedy delivery and parcel-taping skills. On the third picture above, you can see how these lip butters are packaged. I shot these photos quickly, on my laptop, Nero, no less. I realize they're not my usual white setting but, strangely, the lighting was good when I clicked them. I wanted to have photos of these bad boys in their natural, unused state. Before I began my annihilation. On the fourth photo, they're cozily hanging out with their other stay-at-home friends in a bed I made with a cardboard box and wrapping paper. They're stay-at-home products till now; not going off to work yet. My working lip products are scattered in various bags, skirts and pants, doing their job dutifully when required. You can also find these on Myntra



Anyway, I have this obsession with flat tin packaging. Biscuit in tins, eyeshadow in tins, soap in tins, perfume in tins - and now lip butters in tins. It's almost like a dream come true. I love the packaging of the product to the stars and beyond. You just dip your finger in, swirl it a little, apply it to your lips and you're good to go. It may get a little unhygenic if your fingers (or your friend's fingers, for that matter) aren't clean. But apart from that little dark cloud, there's only brightness and rainbows. Originally, there are four variants to this line. I was only able to find two. Let's get on with it, shall we?





Nivea Lip Butter in 'Raspberry Rosé'.

You open this little guy and, boom, a gorgeous, sweet fragrances wafts through the air. It smells like a super sweet candy, raspberry flavoured, no less. You can imagine its sweet, juicy goodness from its combination of rose and raspberry. Every time I open it, I control myself from gobbling it up. The glycerin in it makes it so incredibly smooth and nourishing that you'd want to ignore all your other lip butters. It's 189 INR for 16.7 gm. Sweet deal, isn't it? What's sweeter is... well, you know already. I do not wish to ramble on about this god of a product!






Nivea Lip Butter in 'Caramel Cream'.

Do you enter a movie theatre and go directly to buy some popcorn, hoping the caramel flavour is still available? I've got something that smells exactly like the caramel popcorn! So, next time, when you buy tickets for a movie and you don't have enough money for any popcorn, do yourself a favour - sniff this. It smells like caramel popcorn and a sugary toffee carnival. This is definitely my favourite between the two (ssh, don't rat me out). I love that it smells delicious, is moisturising, is in a tin and has something to do with caramel. It really takes that much to keep me happy in the lip butter department. It's, again, 189 INR for 16.7 gm


I love the quantity of the product. Only one can guide you through an entire winter very easily. I cannot wait for the other variants to come out, if they're coming out at all. There's a Vanilla Macadamia one that I know I'll love. I can never have enough of three things: pens, crayons and lip butters.  

Until next time,
take care.
~AB.