16 June 2014

Review: Prada Candy Eau de Parfum.


Annyeonghaseyo! So, I finally convinced myself that my blog isn't a waste of time - so much so that I might get into posting more frequently again. Okay, that might be a lie. I don't even know any more. I just want to have fun with my blog and once something becomes burdensome, I tend to take the first train out of the situation. For now, I just want to write so much about so many awesome things. I just need to find the time and get in the mood. Well, that's enough of me beating around the bush (?) - let's start talking about my go-to perfume of the moment!

I am probably the last person to jump into the Prada Candy bandwagon. But that's mostly because I love fragrances so much I tend to buy everything I like; which is perhaps why I got around to buying this well-loved perfume after a considerable amount of time. And now that I actually own it, I cannot seem to figure out just why I didn't buy it earlier. I had gotten a couple of samples of Prada Candy with previous perfume purchases and when I locked in that I liked the fragrance as well as the lasting power of the perfume, I decided to get the 30 ml bottle. It cost me a small fortune too - around ₹3500 ($64). I said 'around' because I cannot seem to remember the actual price and I threw out the receipt for it. Moving on.


This is how the Sephora site describes Prada Candy: 'Prada CANDY is instantly seductive—pure pleasure wrapped in impulsive charm. In an explosion of shocking pink and gold, Prada CANDY takes us on a walk on the wild side, showing us a new facet of Prada femininity where more is more and excess is everything. Magnified by white musks, noble benzoin comes together with a modern caramel accord to give the fragrance a truly unique signature.'

The notes in Prada Candy are Caramel, Musk, Vanilla and Benzoin. Whilst I can defintely smell the caramel, musk and vanilla in it, I cannot seem to identify the 'benzoin' in it. Truth to be told, I had no idea what benzoin was until I looked it up. Read about it here, if you wish. But from what I was able to gather, I felt that it was in a similar, sweet fragrance category. Whatever it is, it definitely contributes into making Prada Candy what it is - a sweet yet musky fragrance. When it dries down, the musk becomes more prominent and it becomes lesser of a sweet scent then. Isn't the packaging gorgeous too? With the gold and fuchsia accents, it simply looks elegant yet playful. Anyway, Prada Candy doesn't smell like candy per se, but it is definitely a sweet scent. Sweet and unique. You have to take a whiff of it yourself and decide. 


If you wish for something lighter, there's Prada Candy L'Eau - which is gorgeous as well and a front-runner on my current fragrance wish-list. Along with the notes present in the original Prada Candy, it also has notes of citrus and oriental floral notes. 
There's been another (very) recent addition to the Candy line - the Prada Candy Florale. I haven't smelt it yet but it seems to be more flirtatious and sensual. Read more about it here

Overall, I am madly in love with this fragrance and it's currently my go-to perfume. It may not be for everybody, though. So, I'd suggest you give all three of the fragrances in the line a try before locking in your favourite. Or just be like me and aim to pick all three of them up. Eventually.