19 November 2013

Review: The Body Shop Satsuma Body Mist.




All my life I have wanted to smell like an orange. It's this inexplicable need that I have harboured since childhood. I have got so many fresh memories with that fruit in general. Soaking up the winter sun on the roof while peeling off countless oranges and eating them. I loved the smell it left on my hand. My paternal grandmother used to make me 'orange flowers' when I was a kid, which is basically turning the slice inside-out , thus popping out the bright orange pulp. Just the other day, a paternal uncle of mine passed away. Since I hadn't eaten anything all day, one of my maternal aunts asked me to drop by, just so she could make me eat something. When she walked up to me to receive me, she was smelling of oranges. She had used the body butter variant to this product, I just knew it. The fragrance had calmed me down so much, that I cannot even use a proper word to express my calmness. Ira, le girlfriend, once said that the smell of oranges reminded her of me. Similarly, the smell of vanilla is something I associate with her. Such is the power of a fragrances. Let's begin now, shall we?
(Note: Citrus unshiu is a seedless and easy-peeling citrus species, also known as cold hardy mandarin, satsuma mandarin, satsuma orange, Christmas orange and tangerine. It is probably of Japanese origin and introduced elsewhere.ts fruit is sweet and usually seedless, about the size of other mandarin oranges, Citrus reticulata, smaller than an orange.   The satsuma also has particularly delicate flesh, which cannot withstand the effects of careless handling.)



PACKAGING: It's packaged in a glass bottle, lightly tinted a soft orange and is topped off with a silver cap.

FRAGRANCE SELECTION: A selection is available. You can choose amongst Strawberry, Coconut, Pink Grapefruit, Moringa, Vanilla, Shea, Mango, Satsuma. You can check them out here.

FRAGRANCE: An airy, fresh, citrus based fragrance with a light peppering of satsuma. 

COLOUR: None.


YOU'LL LIKE THIS IF:
- You like fresh, citrusy scents.
- You like barely-there, mild scents.
- You like cute packaging.
- You don't mind a little sweetness in your fruity fragrances.

YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT IF:
- You want the scent of pure, unadulterated oranges, minus the sweetness.
- You want a stronger scent.
- You hate spraying on things throughout the day.
- You dislike glass bottles (accident-prone alert).
- You do not like juicy scents.

INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Unshiu Fruit Extract (Skin Protectant), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant).

HOW TO USE: Spritz it on after bathing or showering. Top up throughout the day.


LASTS FOR: An hour or so after application. You could try out the eau de toilette version of this for longer-lasting results.

QUANTITY: 100 ml.

PRICE: 745 INR.

MY RATING: 8.8/10

CONCLUSION: I love this product. It's got the three C's for me - childhood, citrus and calming. I love The Body Shop and satsuma, so I cannot find anything wrong with this. I'll go have an orange now. 

P.S. Rest in peace, ol' uncle, rest in peace.

Until next time,
take care.
~AB.