31 October 2013

OCTOBER FAVOURITES.

October Favourites.



I searched for the meaning of pink in the dictionary on my laptop. It is defined as "A light shade of red". It is so much more than that, isn't it? For some, like my mother, pink is the colour of choice, the first preference, the best, in their opinion. Some have a special inclination towards pink. For me, pink is the colour of happiness. It makes me just so happy. At other times, pink is quite an important colour. It is the colour of love, joy and is a pink ribbon (like the one in the photo above) is the symbol of breast cancer awareness.



Now, October is the month slated for breast cancer awareness. I thought it'd be a step forward on my part to make my main favourites of the month pink. They're pink and fabulous. Read more about breast cancer awareness here. Let's begin.


Vitamin E Cream Cleanser by The Body Shop.

There are days when you're just too tired to wash your face before bed. But you know you need to get rid of the makeup, provide moisture to your skin and make your skin feel light and clean. Where do you go and find a product like that? Well, The Body Shop's Vitamin E Cream Cleanser does just that. It's flawless in removing makeup and yet leaves the skin feeling light free. I love all the products from the Vitamin E range and particularly recommend this and the toner. Don't even get me started on the heavenly toner. This product is well loved and is my second bottle. It's 675 INR for 200 ml. The price does sting, but, it's well worth it. 


Fruity Rhythm Perfumed Deo by Adidas.

For deodorants, I had always steered towards the Nike Women's range. However, one of my darling sisters  gave me this and introduced me to one heck of a powerful deodorant. It claims 24 hours of freshness, and, with a strange expression on my face as I type this, I must say, I quite agree. This pink one smells fruity and delicious. I am not even a fan of fruity smells, yet, this deodorant is the bomb! Goodbye, repulsive odours? You can bet on it. You get 150 ml for 200 INR. With powers like that, how could you possibly say no?



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in '025 Peach Parfait'

There are days when you want to go all natural. But your lips look too dead. What do you do? Grab a Revlon Lip Butter of course. This shimmery, peachy, natural colour is gorgeous on the lips and does a great job of awakening the lips. It has got this gorgeous golden shimmer running through, which, while visible, is quite subtle. They come in a variety of colours and finishes. Since it is a lip butter, your lips will be nourished and will feel, let's say, juicy.  They're 600 INR each. Revlon hardly ever goes wrong with their products and this is one of their best gems. 


Maybelline Color Show nail polish in '211 Coral Craze'

Major fangirl moment of October: Finding out that Maybelline had launched its Color Show line in India. This is only one of the forty shades in the collection. You get 6 ml for 75 INR. And what I've noticed is that these do not chip as easily as the more expensive Maybelline nail products. Go figure! This is a gorgeous coral colour and is quite glossy. Go now, collect them all. 


Heel Genius Amazing Foot Cream by Soap & Glory.

Winter brings cozy blankets, snug jackets, bonfires and... cracked heels. Ouch. Not a pretty sight, is it? When Sephora came to India, my mother asked one of her nieces to get this foot cream for her. And she loved it so much that she went ahead and got two more. Now, I don't have extremely cracked heels or anything, but they do turn nasty in the winter months. At 1000 INR for 125 ml, it lives up to its name. It has helped my mother get back her soft heels and good-looking feet. Slather it on, put on some socks and you're good to go. Brownie points for its mint colour and peppermint fragrance.

OTHERS:


 

Favourite Food:

Now, these little guys aren't actually in the proper food category. One's a chocolate and the other is a breath mint. 'After Eight' from Nestlé are some delicious mint chocolate thins; a white layer of mint covered on both sides by melt-in-the-mouth dark chocolate. It's a rare chocolate and I found it one of the bigger cities in my country. The other item was found there too. They're the Listerine Breath Strips in 'Cool Mint' and are a pocket-sized, take-anywhere pack of breath mints. They're like icy, glacial; only in strips. I cannot even stress how wonderful these are. 

 

Favourite Song(s):

I've listened to many new songs and dug up some old favourites. Amongst them are 'Always alright' by Alabama Shakes and 'Game Over' by Alexa Vega. The latter is a trip down memory lane for me. I loved the Spy Kids when I was little, and, one day I rediscovered Alexa Vega's chilled-out vocals and her catchy old song, 'Game Over'. Meanwhile, 'Always alright' by the Alabama Shakes is a feel-good anthem of sorts. I gave them a listen after watching my movie of the month. 


Favourite Movie:

Silver Linings Playbook. I had put off watching this movie for far too long and I finally had time to do some movie marathons this month. I truly adore Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. They were so beautiful in it. Special shoutout to our very own Anupam Kher who plays Bradley Cooper's therapist. And I was so excited to see Julia Stiles even if she had quite a small role. Definitely watch it if you haven't already.


Favourite TV Show:

Masterchef Australia (Season 5)! Oh my goodness. This has been the coolest, most amazing season yet. Exactly at 9 in the night, I'm glued to my TV screen, waiting for what delicous torture the judges ae going to set for the contestants. Matt Preston is my favourite judge and my front-runners this season are Rishi, Emma and Lynton. 



What an amazing month October was. I had the best time I've had in months during this month. The lovely weather teamed with dark, fall colours and vampy makeup made October quite memorable.
P.S. Happy Halloween. We don't celebrate it here. But it looks like so much fun!

Until next time,
take care.
~AB.